Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting...


It’s been two years.  Two years of wondering when we’ll get “the call.”  Two years of wanting to plan, but holding ourselves back.  Two years of praying for a baby that is yet unknown to us.  In those two years I have often prayed for the woman who will carry our child in her womb.  And lately those prayers have produced tears.  Not just tears over what we are being asked to wait for, but tears over a woman who will be making a most amazing and selfless decision.  Each time I think of adoption I am awe struck.  In a world where abortion is accepted and accessible, it is truly a miracle of God that a woman with an unplanned pregnancy in a difficult situation would choose life.  And truly more miraculous that she would choose to place that child in the arms of another.  Each one of our three children represent this miracle and when I think of it I am overwhelmed!
And though I never would have chosen this waiting, I am grateful for it.  I am grateful for the chance to revisit those thoughts of gratitude and amazement.  I am grateful to be praying for God's grace to wash over a woman that I have yet to meet.  The words thank you seem entirely inadequate, but I am so eager to say those words to the woman who will abundantly bless our family.  I am so eager to share with this little one just how much his birth mother loves him, just how much I love him, and just how much the God of the universe loves him.  

2 comments:

Dana said...

Beautiful!

Jordan Adamson said...

I love this. And I'm praising God for your new baby boy, Gods timing is perfect, all the while you were waiting The Lord was getting little Soren ready for you.