Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Wait Continues

After being told that we would very likely be getting our travel call by last week, we received the disappointing news that we are actually fifth on the list of families who are waiting for their babies to get passports and visas.  And given that things run at a slower pace in Korea during the summer months, we now have no idea how long it will be before we receive travel news.  Our little Titus will be nine months old on Tuesday and is now pulling himself up to standing which makes the waiting even more painful.  But we are so grateful that God has placed this precious boy in our hearts and we know that He will add him to our family at His chosen time.  Please keep praying!! 

On a lighter note, here are a few pictures of our sweet girls from our family camping trip over the 4th of July weekend.  There were almost 70 members of Ronn's extended family gathered for a wonderful reunion.  The girls thoroughly enjoyed every minute of playing with cousins, building sand castles, swimming, riding bikes, taking walks, watching fireworks, sitting around the campfire, eating smores, staying up late, and of course, getting VERY dirty!  I think we are still finding camping dirt at bath time! :)    




3 comments:

Jolene said...

Your girls are adorable - such a joy I'm sure :)
I am praying that your wait for you son will be over soon and that God will protect him until you can meet!

Unknown said...

I love how they have to be wearing sweaters on a camping trip in the middle of the summer...not here, that's for sure! I think my in-laws might be at your house this very night. As I perused your blog (I'm slow at keeping up with people :) I was thinking, I miss the Goodnoughs~!

godnov said...

Yes, your in-laws are here and we're thoroughly enjoying them, but wishing the rest of the Newton clan was with them! :)